Tuesday, January 27, 2009




Wow! Its been forever since I've been on here to write anything. There has been so much going on. We are all doing great. Taylor and I celebrated 4 years of marriage in December. Yay! Cohen had his first Christmas ( which was great, but he doesn't really understand yet b/c he was only 2 months)I can't wait till he gets a little older and understands the true meaning of Christmas. I am so far behind to be talking about Christmas. Cohen is growing like crazy and it amazes me that everyday is something new. One day he can't hardly get up during tummy time and the next couple days he is pulling up really well. And when he's on his play mat I lay him down going one direction and I take my eyes off him for a couple seconds and he is in a completely different direction I am sitting there thinking how and the heck did he do that. I never catch him in action. He is starting to turn to his side like he wants to start turning over. He's been talking like crazy and I love it b/c his little nostrils flare and its so stinkin cute, I love his few little giggles that I occasionally get. Can I just say that sleep training is the hardest thing ever....I've been really working on it for two days now. Yesterday didn't go very well, but today I stuck with it and after an hour of crying and checking on him every now and then he finally fell asleep on his own. I am soo proud of him, but its so hard b/c I want to pick him up. I feel like such a bad mommy, I am sure everyone has gone through this. On days like this when Taylors working and cant break away I really wish that my mom was here. I miss her like crazy and I know that she's in heaven looking down and I know that she would be so proud. I guess for a while now I have just pushed it out of my mind trying to avoid the thoughts of missing her...I guess for so long I have tried to be strong and I just feel like I can't anymore. I have to realize its ok to cry b/c I miss and want her with me. I never really went through the stages of being angry or sad and I guess its kinda catching up with me. I know God has purpose in it all, but sometimes its hard to be reminded of that. I hope now that Cohen is taking naps I'll be able to keep up better. 

2 comments:

tiffanycasey15 said...

Great Job on the sleep training. Stick with it! I am so proud of you and I know for sure that your mom would be too!!!! She also would be so totally in love with your little guy. You are doing a great job and I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Andrea said...

Kayla & Taylor what a wonderful little guy. I am so very proud of both and Happy Anniversary!! This is my first time on the blog, couldn't seem to get signed in the first time, but it is a really neat way of staying in touch. I love you all.....Aunt, Great Aunt Andrea